Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Another week in Malawi!

Mulibwanji!

First off, I would like to extend an apology to everyone for not having updated you guys in about a week! Last week, I got some sort of bug/virus thing and was down and out for three days and I am just now getting back to feeling myself. I figured I would do you a favor by not updating you in detail about the events of those days...thank you Cipro

Yesterday, I got to go to the wood market and get my first chance at shopping in Malawi. There are so many amazing boxes, statues, tables, jewelry, and all sorts of other curios. Needless to say, I got a good bit of practice in at bartering. Afterthat, I spent an hour putting together an outline for a speech for tomorrow and then helped with the babies in the crisis nursery. Today was also a great day! We had to get up very, very early and went to a village called Chimon'gombe for a mobile medical clinic. We saw over 100 patients in about three hours and then had to pack up early to take a clinician back to the hospital. My responsibility at the clinics has been taking vitals (pulse, weight, blood pressure, temp) after people register.

Tomorrow is going to be a big day and I would greatly appreciate all your prayers! I am six hours ahead of eastern time fyi. Tomorrow morning, I am leaving at six in the morning to go out to Selengo. I have been asked to give a sermon at a baptist church in this village tomorrow morning! I am a little nervous, but pray that God is the one speaking and not me. I am going to stay out in the village until Friday. During my time out there I will be speaking, helping teach preschool, help the village garden, teach a class on relationships, teach a class on environmental education, play with kids and do pretty much whatever else they have planned. You will hear from me hopefully friday night if the power does not go out! So until then, have a wonderful blessed week!

Lauren (ps-the last verses of ephesians 6 sum up whats needed in prayer!)


No comments:

Post a Comment